OC STEM is excited to partner with the Orange County High School Esports League for their inaugural season! Through this partnership, we are helping in getting the word out about an exciting set of esports workshops!
High School Esports League Workshops
Don’t waste your weekend! Join UCI for a series of workshops to improve your game, to learn about the behind-the-scenes work of Esports, and to meet other high school gamers, in-person! Workshops once per week at UCI’s campus on Saturdays from 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM with breakfast included. The workshops are free but sign-ups are required (first come, first served)! Each week will include a new theme surrounding competitive league play, including topics like building a gaming PC, lane strategy, and casting. During each workshop, participants will have a chance to practice these exciting new skills. Join us each Saturday at the UCI esports arena – we look forward to seeing you there!
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm (breakfast included).
Location: University of California, Irvine (UCI) Esports Arena, G205 C Student Center, Irvine, CA 92697.
Cost: Free but registration and completion of forms are required. The forms are available at: http://www.ochighschoolesports.org/workshops/.
Attendees: Open to all students currently enrolled in a high school located in Orange County.
Register: http://www.ochighschoolesports.org/workshops/. Students do not have to sign up for every workshop. They can select one or more.
Workshop Dates and Themes
- Saturday, February 17, 2018: What’s your build?
- Saturday, February 24, 2018: Analyzing the game
- Saturday, March 3, 2018: Improving your game
- Saturday, March 10, 2018: Casting your game
- Saturday, March 17, 2018: Streaming your game
- Saturday, March 24, 2018: Tournament organization
What to Expect:
- Play at the UCI Esports Arena among Orange County high school esports players.
- Each week will focus on a new theme surrounding competitive league play, including topics like building a gaming PC, lane strategy, and casting.
- During each workshop, participants will have a chance to practice these exciting new skills.
For questions, visit: http://www.ochighschoolesports.org/workshops/