OC STEM ECOSYSTEM INSTITUTE
The STEM Learning Ecosystem: Leadership for Articulated STEM Programs Institute (Institute) is a professional learning institute designed to strengthen Orange County school district leadership through the development of STEM Learning Ecosystems and implementation of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education programs over an intensive 12-month time period. The Institute was developed by OC STEM in partnership with the Orange County Department of Education, WestED, the California STEM Learning Network and the California After School Network, with planning contributors from Children and Families Commission of Orange County, Discovery Cube Orange County, Science@OC, THINK Together, Tiger Woods Learning Center, and University of California Irvine, School of Education. View more details approximately just jewels slot machine gratis.
- Prepare Orange County school districts for the implementation of the California Next Generation Science Standards for K-12 students. This will include the integration of the California Common Core State Standards, development of their STEM Learning Ecosystems (role of extended learning programs and informal science centers, strategies for PreK inclusion, understanding of the curriculum framework), and inclusion of STEM in their district strategic planning and LCAP (Local Control and Accountability Plan).
- Improve professional STEM teaching practice of educators and school leaders representing 10 school districts in Orange County.
- Support school district leadership teams in the development of work plans for implementation of the California Next Generation Science Standards.
- Increase education and awareness around the implementation process to help educate parents and the broader community.
- Alternative, Community, and Correctional Schools and Services (ACCESS), Orange County Department of Education
- Anaheim City School District
- Buena Park School District
- Cypress School District
- Fountain Valley School District
- Fullerton School District
- Ocean View School District
- Orange Unified School District
- Santa Ana Unified School District
- Brea-Olinda Unified School District
- Capistrano Unified School District
- Centralia School District
- Huntington Beach City School District
- Huntington Beach Union High School District
- Laguna Beach Unified School District
- Magnolia School District
- Newport-Mesa Unified School District
- Savanna School District
- Anaheim Union High School District
- Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District
- Saddleback Valley Unified School District
- Tustin Unified School District
- Westminster School District
November and October Sessions – “Be Wild” and “Technology”
September Session – “Engineering Your Ecosystem”
Summer Four-Day Intensive Highlights
Site Visits and May Session – “Business Sector”