- OC STEM exists to foster Orange County’s economic competitiveness and sustainability through promoting STEM competencies across the educational continuum through the creation of effective partnerships between community stakeholders, including but not limited to families, education, business, government and philanthropy.
- All students possess the requisite STEM skills to be competitive for 21st century jobs in Orange County
- All educators and teachers are provided the tools and support to ensure their students are STEM competent and STEM literate
- Orange County is a leader in STEM workforce competitiveness in California and the United States
- Foster Orange County’s economic competitiveness and sustainability
- Create effective partnerships between community stakeholders, including but not limited to families, education, businesses, government, and philanthropic, organizations
- Promote STEM competencies across the educational continuum in Orange County from PreK through college
- Prepare our children and future workforce to meet the dynamic requirements of a rapidly changing world
- Produce college- and career-ready graduates who possess critical thinking skills and creativity that enable them to make productive choices in work and life
What Sets Us Apart?
- Orange County possesses unique attributes to establish itself from an advantageous STEM position.
- Orange County believes that the development of a STEM competent workforce and citizenry begin with preschoolers and continues at every step of the education continuum thereafter.
- Orange County is a proven global leader of innovation with a competitive edge, housing a large number of pioneering high-tech and biomedical industries plus new industries such as advanced transportation, alternative fuels, medical devices and computer gaming.
- Orange County’s possesses a diverse population, with multiple ethnicities and a significant foreign-born population.
- Orange County offers a uniquely high concentration of research centers and institutes of higher education with STEM education and workforce efforts.